Thursday, September 20, 2012

before and after, the first...

RELIEF!!!

We are finally in our house!  It has been a rough road getting here, but we are happy.

This house is a fixer-upper, and Caleb and I have all sorts of plans for it.  I'll tell more about the whole home-buying story later, but I wanted to keep up on before and afters since I'm addicted to home renovations (I might be HGTV's biggest fan).

Due to the enormity of the task at hand, my first two projects were the kids' rooms.  These rooms were much more manageable than the rest of the house and only required some paint and decorations, so I put my first efforts into them first.  At least this way I have something that is finished.  Or close to it.



Jane's room:  before






Jane's room:  after





Asher's room:  before





Asher's room:  after

 



I still have a few tricks up my sleeve for these rooms, but if I wait until every last detail is finished, it might never get done.  Now hopefully I can get moving and keep finishing rooms.  Slow and steady, right?

7 comments:

  1. So cute! I love Asher's room so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new house. And nice job with the chair rail, Beccs. Can we hire you to wrap up about 18 unfinished projects at our house?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Caleb is available for work on unfinished projects. Payment accepted in the form of boating trips.

      Delete
  3. their rooms turned out so cute! i need some of your crafty motivation!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. VERY cute! You did such a nice job! I love the crocheted blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love what you've done in these rooms! Super cute!

    ReplyDelete