Wednesday, October 31, 2012

pumpkins and meerkats...

I tried to be a little more festive this year.  I bought pumpkins at the farmers market, but could never find time for us to decorate as a family.  So we invited a few cousins over.  Despite a little paint ingestion and a tumble off the chair, I think it was a hit!








And costumes were a breeze--store-bought last year from the after-Halloween clearance.  Our little "kollar bier" and baby meerkat:





Ash loved his costume.  It seemed to lull him into a dormant state.  I'm not sure if it was because it was multiple layers of warmth, or if it was the super soft, silky lining.  Either way, he seemed to love it.   I'd consider using it for jammies, except that he's already almost outgrown it (despite its 12 month size).

Caleb and I were invited to a couple's Halloween Prom.  He borrowed fireman gear from a friend, and I burned a pair of pajamas I had in the DI box and ratted my hair.  By far the easiest costume I've ever conjured up!


We also took Jane trick-or-treating.  She is officially a candy addict, just like her momma.

<sigh>

Happy Halloween!

2 comments:

  1. So cute! Love their costumes. Jane is growing up! Although if Asher keeps growing, people might start asking if they're twins. :) Love your costume too... Any excuse to wear pajamas is good with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I seriously LOVE your couples outfit. What a fantastic idea! I also can't wait to get a little snuggle time with that scrumptious little boy of yours!

    ReplyDelete