Friday, January 25, 2013

sleep deprivation and other non happenings...

These last couple of weeks I have felt more overwhelmed and worn out than I remember feeling ever before in my life.  My house is a mess, I don't return phone calls, my hair goes unwashed for days on end.  You might think that I am busily engaged in some good causes that take up my time.  Or at least in causes, whether good or bad.  It seems if I can not find time to check my voicemail, go to the grocery store, or fold laundry, I must be busy reading, socializing, crafting...something. No.  I am not.  And one more thing I am not doing:  sleeping.

Our little Pashy is using his mad skills as a fat cutie to trick me into allowing him to sleep with us every night.  And once we (read I) gave in, he pushed a little more and now only takes naps if I'm at his side.  You know that precious time during naps when you can have a little "me-time"?  Yeah, non-existent.  It's all "him-time" now.

<insert judgement here>

I know, I know!  I used to judge people like me.  I'd find myself thinking, "Stop whining and let the boy cry it out already!"  But for some reason (or reasons, like his super round chubby head and giant smile, and the fact that he is cutting his first tooth), I haven't talked myself into it just yet.  I also hear a lot recently about the cry-it-out method being damaging.  I don't think I believe that, but that tiny shred of doubt combined with dread of hearing him scream has been enough for me to put it off.  

But I'm getting there.  I think.

By the way, anyone else scrutinize other moms' Facebook photos in the hopes of finding others' floors as dirty as their own?





2 comments:

  1. I feel for you Becca. I hate sleeping with my babies, because I don't sleep at all. Hopefully you can get him back in his crib soon. That being said, I don't judge you at all. Most mom's go though times like that, I know I have. Don't be too hard on yourself! I don't blame you for not wanting to let him cry it out. I HATE that. I have done it with all my kids at some time or another and it never gets easier. It is a good thing babies are cute right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear I'm not the only one having those issues. Charlotte has recently decided to fight every nap and bedtime. We used to swaddle her and rock her and she'd be out. Now she just arches her back and cries. She cries in her crib too. If I put her in bed with me she just rolls around and plays. She'll eventually go to sleep but it can take an hour or more. Who has time for that when you have a toddler to chase and get to bed or down for a nap. I vacuumed and dusted the living room, the hallway and the girl's room today for the first time in two weeks ( maybe more). I felt like I had accomplished something amazing. Oh and Bud came home early because of the rain so I even got to shower...alone...for more than 5 min. Whew! Hope this all passes soon!!! Hang in there. :-)

    ReplyDelete