Wednesday, February 20, 2013

christmas 2012...

Some pictures from the holidays--a few months late.

























While these are mostly self-explanatory, a few deserve comment.

Ornaments.  First, Jane loved decorating the tree.  However, she wasn't so great at spacing her ornaments.  Whenever she turned her back, I'd try to sneak a few off and place them elsewhere.  I also tried to be a better momma and do a craft with Jane.  It was a success, but there's more to the story (see here).

Gingerbread.  The Humbles invited us over for a gingerbread house-making party.  Jane did almost all of the decorations herself!  I'm not sure why she's grumping in the picture, though, because she really did enjoy herself.

Mall shot.  We did our first ever Christmas flash mob at Superstition Mall.  We had a few setbacks and it didn't go at all as planned, but it was SUCH A BLAST!  This is the only picture I really have, though I do have video which I still need to upload.

Stockings.  I had intended to make each of us a stocking with my new-found sewing skills.  However, I did not anticipate the lack of motivation that took over right before the holidays.  So come Christmas Eve, I dug out what I could find:  my childhood stocking (which I turned around to hide the embroidered "Becca"), a large stocking my mom bought me when I spent Christmas in Greece, a five-toed frog sock, and a little penguin sock.  It worked.  Sort of.  Maybe next year I can tap into some as-of-yet-undiscovered-awesomeness.

Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment