Monday, May 14, 2012

things that start with "b"...

Whenever I think of my growing stomach, I find myself searching out words to describe it that begin with "b".  I string them together to make phrases such as, "Big Boy Baby Belly" or "Bulging Beach Ball Bump". It's kind of like a little OCD thing I do.  But I can't help myself, my belly is just so big!  And I don't think it's just me that feels this way.  As proof, let me first share a recent conversation I had with a friend, and then a couple of photos:

conversation:
Person-Who-Will-Remain-Unnamed:  "Are you having twins?"
Very-Pregnant-Me:  "No."
PWWRU:  "Are you sure?"
VPM:  (annoyed) "Yes."
PWWRU:  "How do you know?"
VPM:  "I've had an ultrasound."
PWWRU:  "But could one of the twins have been hiding behind the other and they didn't see it?"
VPM:  (very annoyed) "No, I've had two ultrasounds."
PWWRU:  "Oh, okay.  If you say so."

Today was my first time swimming this pregnancy.  As I stretched and tugged my non-maternity swimsuit over my gigantic belly, I couldn't help but laugh at the image in the mirror .  I decided to snap these photos so that I could one day look back and remember that I looked like this.  I hope you laugh, too.  Because despite my annoyance with the comments I've been getting lately, I'm kind of fascinated with the enormity of my stomach.  I feel some sort of pride/incredulity when I see myself in the mirror.  It's kind of awesome, in a strange, uncomfortable, can't-move-very-fast way.




Can we get a close up of that?  Yes, please!


I especially like how the circles near the back of my swim suit change to ovals on my belly.

side note:  If you think I was being kind by keeping the name of the person in the above conversation private, you were wrong.  I would very much like to call that person out for their rudeness, but truth is, with my body sending all the good blood to my monstrous belly, I can't remember who it was!!!  Otherwise, I'd definitely be naming names.

2 comments:

  1. That has got to be the cutest pregnant belly i've ever seen. I'm told that with each pregnancy your stomach gets bigger. At least it's ALL belly. you don't look like you are swollen or gained an ounce anywhere else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh honey, that's the best big baby boy bump beautiful belly I've seen! But it's ONLY your belly! That's the best thing about you skinny girls being pregnant...and I LOVE it on you! So cute. Can't wait to meet baby Kumar !!! loving you

    ReplyDelete