Saturday, November 5, 2011

halloweenie...

I've basically been in a big slump lately.  Maybe it has to do with the fact that I'm homeless.  Or that I only have access to about 3% of my belongings.  Or that I spend too much time away from my husband.  Actually, it's probably none of these, and instead is due to the fact that I am just plain lazy, but who wants to admit that?


So for Halloween, I decided (true to form) to put absolutely no effort into the celebration.  A friend lent me a baby Belle princess dress for Jane, and another friend added a tiara.  Ta-da!  A barefoot princess!  I didn't even consider dressing up myself.


After I saw all sorts of babies razzed up as adorable ladybugs, cuddly critters, and festive pumpkins, I regretted my laziness.  Poor Jane will look back one day and wonder why she was cursed with such a lame mom.  


This story has a happy ending, though.  The day after Halloween, I resolved never to neglect my children again.  Well, ok, maybe all I did was buy two Halloween costumes online for Jane and the new baby.  But, it's progress.


Jane did look sweet in her frilly dress and tiara (though of course that only lasted for about 30 seconds).  Oh, and I did put Caleb's way-too-shaggy hair in a ponytail and snap a picture.  Happy Halloween, from the biggest Halloweenie of all!







3 comments:

  1. Ohhh, I think Jane looks adorable in her costume! No one would ever know that you didn't put in hours of work. Just change the wording in this post a little and tell her when she's older that you sewed it yourself. Is that wrong?? :) Plus, you're pregnant. You have every excuse to be "lazy"... Use that excuse while you can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! Cale's hair- not so much. I can't believe Janers is 1!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should feel happy that Jane was able to be a barefoot princess! It's better than a princess bundled in 5 layers of winter clothing on October 31st. Arizona is a good thing-- it justifies lazy moms all over the world (or AZ at least...)

    ReplyDelete