Wednesday, March 14, 2012

becca baking...

Actually, more like Becca crockpotting, but that doesn't really flow.

As you may have noticed, most of my posts are about Jane.  It's the socially acceptable form of vanity, I think, to blog about one's children.  Well, I thought this time I would post a bit about something wonderful I've discovered.  Most of you have probably discovered it, too, but just in case you haven't here it is:


I love this site!  The key is to use other member reviews as your guide--I usually only try something if it has 4 1/2 stars and 50 or more reviews.  I also highly recommend scanning through at least five or six of the written reviews to find helpful hints or slight adjustments.  And then just go with it!

The last few weeks I've been working really hard at planning meals (not my strength) and trying to use up what I already have instead of letting it go bad (another weakness).  In almost every case, after whipping up something new from this website, Caleb has been full of praise.

The point of this isn't to applaud myself, but to share with you a very helpful resource (pronounced "re-zorce") as well as a few of my favorite tried-and-true recipes.

These are some of my favorite dishes from my allrecipes.com recipe box.

white bean chicken chile, hambone soup, spinach strawberry salad (and dressing), chicken asparagus roll-ups, Moroccan tagine, lemon bars, salmon chowder, sour cream pork chops, chicken pot pie, and my new favorite:  chocolate mint brownie cookies!

Mmmmmmmmmm!

4 comments:

  1. I love allrecipes! It is my go-to recipe site!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use that site a lot too. Don't feel sheepish about applauding yourself, you deserve it. Funny how we (at least I do) feel guilty about posting positive things about ourselves on our own blogs. Why is that?! I just tell myself I don't care what people think and post it anyway, but it still haunts me a little. Anyway, way to go with all the cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those recipes sound amazing! I need to start cooking again. I have been using new baby as an excuse to not make any dinners yet but Steve is starting to question:) Also... I crave social interaction as well (as mentioned in your other post) so If you ever want to do something anytime let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have their ap on my iPad and LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete