Saturday, March 17, 2012

trying to go green...

I really am trying to be more...shall we say "effort-ful"  about my role as mother and homemaker.  I want to make things fun and exciting and educational (but mostly just fun and exciting).  For St. Patrick's Day, I decided to make a special green breakfast for Caleb and Jane.  It was special, all right, but not very green!  I made eggs and bacon along with blueberry buckle.  I put green food coloring in everything and this is how it turned out:



Not very appetizing, is it?

I wasn't disappointed that the food coloring didn't touch the bacon.  I kind of expected that.  But with the eggs, I had visions of Dr. Suess's Green Eggs and Ham running through my mind when I began.  And if you are thinking, "DUH.  You should have done scrambled!", I thought of that, too, but Caleb loves fried eggs, so I went with that.  Again, think Dr. Suess.  And with the blueberry buckle, the batter looked greenish, but somehow the end result didn't match.  <Sigh>

Jane, however, didn't mind the color (or lack thereof).



And she looked festive enough.

(This is the best shot I could get as she is constantly running.)
And dinner did actually turn out fantastic--a nice corned beef and cabbage meal to end the day with.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment