Monday, March 12, 2012

adios mullet...

Jane was not a bald baby.  But her hair has definitely grown very slowly.  Especially the sides and the top.  As we all know, this is the recipe for a baby mullet.  And I am morally opposed to mullets.  They make good people bad and bad people badder.  But Jane's mullet had such cute curls!  I didn't want to see them go.



However, last Sunday, I was feeling a little antsy.  Needing some sort of change.  There was my motivation, so I enlisted Caleb in the cause and we stuck Jane in the sink, doused her head with water, and <snip>! 

Bye-bye mullet!






It just so happened that we put her in a dress that my mom had bought for her (wish I'd taken a picture) that was very....how shall I say....3rd wife-ish.  She looked so cute with her new little bob and her homey dress, we couldn't help but refer to her all day as "Baby Julie Andrews".

1 comment:

  1. Awww...baby's first haircut! I'm with you, baby mullet is not attractive. Neither is long stringy, baby hair! I've been trimming Celise's hair for about 8 months now and it's starting to come in thicker and is an adorable little bob, much more attractive!

    ReplyDelete